Director of Community Partnership | Blueprint 15, Inc.
The Director of Community Partnership is responsible for the development and nurturing of community relationships, collaborating with neighborhood residents, government, nonprofit, community, and private partners to advance the bold vision for the holistic revitalization of the East Adams neighborhood. Reporting to the CEO, the Director serves as a partner with and liaison between neighborhood residents and key stakeholders, working to build and sustain resident power and impactful engagement throughout the planning and neighborhood transformation process. The Director will also ensure programming and services offered are designed by, for, and with neighborhood residents. Help grow a true community development organization from the ground up!
Blueprint 15’s Statement of Purpose: Inter-generational urban poverty is one of our country’s most urgent challenges. Social, economic, health, and racial inequities are all deeply entrenched in urban neighborhoods with high concentrations of poverty. Children born into neighborhoods of concentrated poverty face enormous challenges that impact their health and opportunity for economic mobility and good health outcomes. To solve this problem – and reverse decades of discrimination and disinvestment – we must work in new ways to improve urban neighborhoods by creating an inclusive platform that will help all neighbors participate, prosper, and reach their full potential.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES
Project Planning & Implementation
- Cultivate deep and lasting relationships with neighborhood residents and community stakeholders, including the design and establishment of a credible messenger program that provides meaningful opportunities for resident leadership development and engaging residents in the planning and implementation of the neighborhood Master Plan for holistic revitalization.
- Work with CEO to create and strengthen relationships with key external stakeholders, including organizations, policymakers and other leaders who share Blueprint 15’s commitment to eliminating the cycle of poverty.
- Design and deliver programming that builds resident leaders and advocates; includes the recruitment and oversight of volunteers and neighborhood ambassadors.
- Assists with the development of program budgets and monitoring of program expenditures related to these activities.
- Connect with and utilize Purpose Built Communities Network, including seeking models for programming and building information- and resource-sharing relationships with other Network members (e.g., Northside Voyagers credible messenger program).
- Provide opportunities to engage the Blueprint 15 Board of Directors and the organizations they are affiliated with through events, communications, and where appropriate, delivery of programming for residents.
- Represent Blueprint 15 at various events, meetings, panels, etc. as requested and appropriate.
- Develop a system for collecting, analyzing, and reporting neighborhood-related data, including resident contacts and engagement results for use in program design and improvement, seeking grant and other support, and sharing with funders.
- Assist with developing a case management tracking system to best understand the status, progress, and needs of residents throughout the relocation and/or construction process
- Assist with the preparation of paperwork related to grant vouchering, stipend processing, and/or incentive purchases.
- Conduct other related work as assigned.
- Demonstrated and unwavering commitment to the mission of Blueprint 15, “…to work with community residents, local leaders and other partners to revitalize the East Adams Street neighborhood and create the conditions necessary so that every person has a genuine opportunity to achieve their highest potential. The vision is a diverse and highly amenitized neighborhood that is safe, vibrant and includes durable pathways out of poverty.”
- Minimum 7 years of experience in community programming, human centered program design, and/or resident leadership development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in social work, community development, urban planning, or related field. Experience in diversity, equity and inclusion work in the nonprofit and/or for-profit spaces is preferred.
- Ability to work with a broad and diverse range of community residents and partners, including residents and key stakeholders within the East Adams neighborhood target area.
- Excellent communication skills and comfort with public speaking preferred.
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to multitask. Excellent customer service abilities and commitment.
- Ability to exercise discretion with sensitive and confidential information and demonstrate good judgement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred.
- Certain assignments require reliable access to transportation to meet fieldwork requirements made in the ordinary course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
Blueprint 15 offers a competitive benefits package and a highly collaborative team atmosphere. Blueprint 15 is an equal opportunity employer. Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2020.
Indeed Link :https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=Allyn-Family-Foundation&t=Director+Community+Partnership&jk=6b5790619597a633&q=Blueprint&vjs=3